Monday, January 26, 2015

Script >>  Storyboard >> Concept Art >> VFX test >> Casting >> Making Props >> Filming >> VFX >>  Sound >> Making trailer


The STORYBOARDS are done... Every one who make a film make a Script and storyboards. In Regular filming storyboard aren't very much needed, there are a lot of actors work cameras shotting their actions from multiple directions and then in Editing they make it look nice.

In more complicated projects. Movies about cars, fights or a Michael Bay movies. They need storyboarding much often. There are much of a complicated to shotting scenes. They need to be sure that effect will be nice before even starting to film. The filming of the sequences are to expensive to maybe re-shot them ones. And also storyboards are helpful for the crew. To make people understand what is the vision of the director. What is the aim of the shot.

In super complicated movies. I like to make those mostly :D . So there storyboarding needed everywhere. Every scene, every sequence need to be storyboarded to make sure that the needed emotion will be given. Then when the plan is done, you can start shotting.

Now imagine the complicated movie of Michael Bay. I mean when everything supposed to be storyboarded and it has a lot of complicated shots. In that time we need already storyboards node in motion. Motion of the camera, of the objects... Basic effects supposed to be done in this one.

First time in movies (I'm not really sure) when such storyboarding system was done it was Aliens 1986 by James Cameron. He didn't done any CGI stuff then. He filmed basic shapes of miniatures. They were made of paper. You could see people on background that moving those.

Next step ( by my research, not sure ) done Steven Spielberg in 2005 for War Of The Worlds.
He with CGI artists were done a full size CGI movie on the most basic level, to know what will they shot later.

Then something similar I saw at Tears Of Steel. Made by Ian Hubbert in Blender. 

For wrong hate movie is very important to make a emotions right. (it's probably the reason why am I filming) Except of the reason to learn making good CGI and VFX.

So I started with simple 2D drawings of the Storyboard.

This one was drawn something like a year ago.

I knew that this will be a train station but I wasn't know how does the train station is gonna look. I needed the design of it.
So I've done the design :D



Then I made a OpenGL basic animation part. I gonna show you just that part because I don't want you to lose the Interest for the final product.

Sounds were done in Audacity and adjusted in Blender sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment